Az: Current Info, Excavations, etc

Ian Mursell Ian.Mursell at BTINTERNET.COM
Sat May 8 11:53:30 UTC 2004

Hi Stephanie.

I wanted to write again, after you kindly provided feedback on the little
Náhuatl pronunciation page of our educational website on the Aztecs, for two
reasons:-

1  to thank you again for the feedback, and for the link to the Náhuatl.info
pages, which could well be really useful for school children here.  I've now
visited the site and they look like an excellent group to collaborate with

2  to ask if it might be possible to access the Virtual Mesoamerican Archive
site, that you referred to in the Wired Humanities Project posting some
weeks ago.  Carelessly I've only just realised it's the same Stephanie Wood!
I was impressed by the scope of the project you outlined in your message to
the Nahuatl e-group, and have been meaning since then to ask if we could
collaborate in any way on this.  It sounds a most valuable and long overdue
resource.  One of my own particular interests Is in Aztec music (I'm giving
a lecture/demonstration on this at the Latin American Music Seminar at the
Institute of Latin American Studies in London in a couple of weeks time).
It goes without saying that your Archive would be invaluable in researching
and preparing this topic, and I'm perfectly happy in the future to offer
what resources I have here to your wider community.  For example, I'm
building up what I hope is a useful collection of images from the codices of
musical practice in pre-Columbian Mexico, some of which I plan to add to our
website.

Well, I hope we can support each other's work in the future and also that
Graciela and I will have a chance to meet you before long!

Kind regards,

Ian

Ian Mursell
Director
Mexicolore
28 Warriner Gardens
London SW11 4EB, U.K.
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7622 9577
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7498 3643
www.mexicolore.co.uk
Ian.Mursell at btinternet.com

Bringing Mexico and the Aztecs to life in schools and museums throughout
England - and now via the internet! - since 1980