cuacholote

Maria MBOLIVAR at SAN.RR.COM
Wed May 19 19:49:56 UTC 2004

It is cuachalote and it does not quite mean clumsy. It means untidy,
badly dressed, dirty. Cuachalote is often used to diminish someone who
conducts himself or herself in a carefree manner. Mira nomás qué
cuachalote is also used as the equivalent of fachoso or dejado...

If you can read Spanish, Germán Dehesa has a funny text of cuachalotes,
here: http://www.terra.com.mx/deportes/articulo/041740/

http://www.jergasdehablahispana.org/mexico.htm

I am referring, of course, to the modern use of cuachalote, the one I
heard growing up.

You can also check the jerga dictionary on line at
http://www.jergasdehablahispana.org/mexico.htm

cuachalote: (adj.) desaliñado, mal vestido. Ahí andaba Teresa por la
casa, toda cuachalota, cuando de repente llegó su futura suegra.

María Bolívar

"We don´t see things as they are,
We see things as we are."
Anais Nin