tomato plants

John F. Schwaller schwallr at mrs.umn.edu
Mon Nov 22 15:47:57 UTC 2004

At 03:29 AM 11/20/2004, you wrote:
>i were figuring out, that tomato is a word from the nahuatl language, this
>plants have their origin in south america.

No.  Tomatos have their origin in Mexico, although by the time of the
arrival of the Spaniards they were quite wide spread in the Americas.

>another thing is the sacrification, i would like to know more about what
>really happened and when- my idea is that it was just a punishment- and
>not a common applied threat.

There are several studies of sacrifice among the Nahua that can help
you.  A place to start is Inga Clendinnen's _ Aztecs_

John F. Schwaller
Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Dean
315 Behmler Hall
University of Minnesota, Morris
600 E 4th Street
Morris, MN  56267