-tecatl (-teco), -tlan

DARKHORSE n8upb at YAHOO.COM
Thu Oct 14 16:09:47 UTC 2004

in my hometown area ( The Lower Rio Grande Valley Of Texas ) there is a very small hamlet called "ZACATAL" on US. Route 281 which is know as the "Military Highway," I saw someone mentioned that the people living in this area(s) didn't speak Nahuat-l, I beg to differ, my grandparents did... This was also "COAHUILTECAN" country. As a matter of fact the whole Rio Grande Valley on both sides was considered Coahuila. read the Treaty between Texas and Mexico and the Texas .

http://www.sfasu.edu/polisci/Abel/TexasConstitution.html

Read where it describes the Mexican People known as Coahuiltecans or Coahuiltejanos..

Maybe you should take a trip down to the Valley and listened in on the language across the border into the Mexican side ...

Hasta  La Proxima..