Uto-Aztecan Homeland

Richley Crapo RCRAPO at HASS.USU.EDU
Fri Sep 24 20:54:53 UTC 2004

That's it! Thanks.
Richley

>>> M.Swanton at LET.LEIDENUNIV.NL 09/24/04 02:37PM >>>
I believe you are referring to Jane Hill's hypothesis.  One version of it
was published in the 2001 American Anthropologist (vol. 103: 913-34).  This
was discussed more recently in a volume edited by Peter Bellwood and Colin
Renfrew "Examining the farming/language dispersal hypothesis" published by
the McDonald Institute for Archaeological Research.

-----Original Message-----
From: Richley Crapo [mailto:RCRAPO at HASS.USU.EDU]
Sent: vrijdag 24 september 2004 22:04
To: NAHUAT-L at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Uto-Aztecan Homeland

IIRC, there was a major article on Uto-Aztecan historical linguistics that
was published within the last 2 years (perhaps by one of our own here) that
argued for a more southern location of the U-A homeland. Does this ring a
bell with anyone who knows the name of the article or in which journal it
was published.
Richley