Obras Cl ásicas sobre la Lengua Náhuatl

Caroline Dodds ced44 at CAM.AC.UK
Mon Aug 1 15:54:43 UTC 2005

Just to clarify, in case people were unsure of dates in light of John Schwaller's comment that Miguel Leon-Portilla had said 18 months ago that this was out of print, I bought this CD only last month. Although I may just have been lucky, there was nothing on either website to suggest it was out of print so hopefully Digibis have decided to keep this useful resource available.

Caroline
-----
Dr. Caroline Dodds
Junior Research Fellow
Sidney Sussex College
CB2 3HU

ced44 at cam.ac.uk

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John F. Schwaller
  To: NAHUAT-L at LISTS.UMN.EDU
  Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 4:44 PM
  Subject: Re: Obras Clásicas sobre la Lengua Náhuatl

  At 10:20 AM 8/1/2005, you wrote:

    Prompted by the recent discussions about the Molina reprint, I have remembered that someone on the list a while ago mentioned a very useful CD published by Digibis of facsimile Nahuatl documents called 'Obras Clásicas sobre la Lengua Náhuatl. At the time that it was mentioned, I think that someone said it was no longer available, and I wanted to let list members know that it is still available to purchase. It is available direct from Digibis, but I obtained a copy via Libreria Ledi (who, unlike Digibis, will accept payment details via email). It is on their website at http://www.internationalbookseller.com/Inglese/digibis%202.htm as part of the Colección Clásicos Tavera series.

  This is interesting.  Miguel Leon Portilla, who edited the CD, told me about 18months ago that it was out of print.  Perhaps they made some additional copies.  I use it with great frequency and would recommend it to anyone who needs access to early Nahuatl imprints.

  John F. Schwaller
  Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Dean
  315 Behmler Hall
  University of Minnesota, Morris
  600 E 4th Street
  Morris, MN  56267