Image permissions/copyright

Stephanie Wood swood at DARKWING.UOREGON.EDU
Mon Aug 8 17:18:29 UTC 2005

Dear Caroline,

Although the policy may have changed since my last publication, the
Archivo General de la Nacion has not charged me when I have published
an image from one of their manuscripts (except for the cost of
purchasing the slide). The INAH, however, charged me $75 USD per
image, even when it was a drawing made by an artist that I paid to
make a copy from a photograph of a manuscript page or image. Others
can better speak to the cost of reproducing an image of an object or
archaeological site.

Best wishes,
Stephanie Wood

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I am currently working on my first book for Palgrave (a development
of my
> doctoral thesis about gender in Aztec culture) and I was hoping
that those
> on the list with far greater experience might be prepared to offer
some
> advice about copyright permissions. As is usual with these things,
I am