Antiquarian Question

Richley Crapo RCRAPO at HASS.USU.EDU
Wed Feb 2 17:33:29 UTC 2005

Thanks. (I probably should say, 'duh!' or "Doh!' whichever acknowledges better that I think you are right and wonder why I didn't think of it.) Someone else also made this suggestion.
Richley

Nahua language and culture discussion <NAHUAT-L at LISTS.UMN.EDU> writes:
>Anyone have a good guess for the meaning of the abbreviation "R. F." in an acquisition stamp of the Biblioteque Nacionale de France during the 1800s? The mark is found on codices such as "Historia Tolteca-Chichimeca" and "Anonymo Mexicano"
>
>Richley

Republique Frances?

Ruben G. Mendoza, Ph.D., Director
Institute for Archaeological Science, Technology and Visualization
Social and Behavioral Sciences
California State University Monterey Bay
100 Campus Center
Seaside, California 93955-8001

Email: archaeology_institute at csumb..edu
Voice: 831-582-3760
Fax: 831-582-3566
http://archaeology.csumb.edu
http://archaeology.csumb.edu/wireless/

Confidentiality Notice:  The information contained in this e-mail message is sender-privileged and confidential information.  It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, electronic storage or use of this communication is prohibited.  If you received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, attaching the original message, and
delete the original message from your computer, and any network to which your computer is connected.

Thank you.

--
This message has been scanned for viruses, worms, and potentially dangerous attachments and is believed to be safe. We do not recommend opening attachments unless you are expecting them. To learn more about virus protection at CSUMB, visit:

http://it.csumb.edu/services/virus/