Ancient Nahuatl Poems (Online) by Daniel G. Brinton

zorrah at ATT.NET zorrah at ATT.NET
Sun Jan 9 03:39:51 UTC 2005

Sometime ago, because I was so impressed with the work, I began reading and posting poems at my website from the book "Ancient Nahuatl Poems."  This book of poems was translated and edited by Daniel G. Brinton, and it was first published in 1887 (I believe).

Now due to “The Project Gutenberg,” the entire work is available online as an electronic book for free!  It's a fascinating text with some astounding and moving poetry!  The "NOTES" section provides interesting and valuable information as well:
http://www.gutenberg.org/dirs/1/2/2/1/12219/12219-h/12219-h.htm

Two of my favorite poems from this text are:
I. Cuicapeuhcayotl.
I. Song at the Beginning.

III. Occe al mismo tono tlamelauhcayotl.
III. Another Plain Song to the Same Tune.

kuale chias (a way of saying “go well’ upon departing in Cuentepec, Morelos, MX)
citlalin xochime
Nahuatl Tlahtolkalli
http://nahuatl.info/nahuatl.htm