new Molina printing

Ian Robertson igr at STANFORD.EDU
Sun Jul 24 12:53:06 UTC 2005

If I remember correctly, the last time I heard some discussion of
Molina's Vocabulario on Nahuat-l, it was described as out-of-print.
Yesterday I was pleased to find recently printed (2004) copies of this
dictionary for sale in the Madero bookstore in Mexico City. This 5th
edition has a new, bright cover, and the numerous blurry pages that
plague my old copy don't seem to have been reproduced. I couldn't get on
Porrua's website this morning, but I assume that copies can be ordered
there.

I was also shown a wonderful facsimile of the Vocabulario, part of a
very small run recently printed in Spain. The price (1800 pesos) seemed
pretty cheap given the quality and beauty of the work. I was able to
escape without buying it, but it was a close call...

Best,

Ian Robertson

--
Ian G. Robertson