Possession in modern Nahuatl

Rikke Marie Olsen dr.rom at DANSEMUS.DK
Mon Jun 6 18:12:47 UTC 2005

R.L:

Fritz gave this link:

The Biblioteca Cervantes Virtual has just posted the facsimile edition of
Fr. Andres de Molina's Arte de la lengua mexicana.

http://www.cervantesvirtual.com/FichaObra.html?Ref=13906

If you reed spanish, this could be a start.

Otherwise I recommend:
Horacio Carochi's Grammar of the Mexican Language, with an Explanation of
its Adverbs (1645), translated and edited with comments by James Lockhart
2001.
It's in Spanish and English.
It's not so easy to comprehend though as Michel Launey's Introducción a la
Lengua y a la Literatura Náhuatl, 1992.
This grammar is in Spanish, but is translated from French. I only have the
Spanish title at hand right now.
Launey is much more educational than Carochi, but he still bases much of his
work on him.
There are a few typos in Launey's grammar but someone on this list has a
correction sheet, which was made by my teacher Una Canger, University of
Copenhagen.

Rikke Marie