tepi

Swanton, M. M.Swanton at LET.LEIDENUNIV.NL
Sat May 7 18:59:46 UTC 2005

"tepi" means little, generally its appears with either the -tzin or -ton
diminutive suffix.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nahua language and culture discussion
[mailto:NAHUAT-L at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Delia Cosentino
Sent: zaterdag 7 mei 2005 20:46
To: NAHUAT-L at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: tepi

I am working with an AGN document involving a woman with the surname
'tepi', the meaning of which I am trying to parse (Is the 'pi' of pic,
to pluck? Any other suggestions?). I'm wondering if there is any way
that 'tepi' could jibe with a name glyph made up of a stylized stream of
water grasped by a hand, which is found in an associated image of a
woman?