Chimalpahin

José Rabasa jrabasa at CALMAIL.BERKELEY.EDU
Sun May 29 14:53:22 UTC 2005

I follow your examples from English, but what I
was trying to convey is that a literal
translation of anaranjado, one that would take
account of prefix and suffix would end up being a
convoluted statement that would have little to do
with the semantic and phenomenological event of
perceiving "orange" as color. Would that be the
case with Nahautl expression of color? Would our
literal translations convey the experience of
color for Nahuatl speakers?