Do's and don'ts

John F. Schwaller schwallr at morris.umn.edu
Fri Sep 16 15:33:34 UTC 2005

Colleagues,

I would encourage people not to post long and complicated files to the list
because of the problems this causes for many subcribers.

I particularly would discourage people from promoting commercial ventures.
There is a fine line we need to walk, but I call upon your best intentions.

Once something has happened, PLEASE DO NOT reply to the entire list.  It
merely causes all of us to get more messages that we need to discard.  In
case of problems write to me directly, not the list.  In case of a
complaint to another subscriber, write to them, and copy me.  DO NOT simply
hit reply because nine times out of ten you will merely send the message to
200 others on the list, and we will fall into a cycle of dozens of "me too"
messages, which do not promote the goals of the list.

Thanks to you all.

J. F. Schwaller
List owner

John F. Schwaller
Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Dean
University of Minnesota, Morris
600 E. 4th Street
Morris, MN  56267
320-589-6015