Future for the list

John F. Schwaller schwallr at morris.umn.edu
Tue Apr 4 19:51:55 UTC 2006

Colleagues,

As some of you have noticed, my signature line has changed.  I am in
the process of leaving the University of Minnesota and moving to
Potsdam, New York, where I am the President of SUNY Potsdam, and
office I have now been serving for about 3 weeks.

I founded the list back in the late 1980's while I was at Florida
Atlantic University, and it has moved around with me as I proceeded
from job to job.  Potsdam's list software is not currently up to the
standard that we all expect, and it will be a few months until new
software is installed.  faced with that, and my history of moves, I
decided to find a more permanent home for Nahuat-l.  FAMSI, the
Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies, Inc. has
graciously offered to host the list.  It also hosts the AZTLAN list
on Mesoamerican archeology and cultural history, which focuses mostly
on the Maya but includes all pre-Columbian cultures.

Over the next few days / weeks, we will be running tests on the new
system.  You will not have to do anything immediately.  We will move
all accounts from UMM to FAMSI.  Once the move is complete, in order
@lists.umn.edu address.  But if you forget, that's OK, we'll have an
automatic forward in place.

J. F. Schwaller
List owner