quimochihuililizque

Benjamin Johnson bdj at UCHICAGO.EDU
Sat Feb 25 03:52:18 UTC 2006

Hello! I am a second year graduate student at the University of Chicago
with my first post to this list. Before asking my question, I wanted to
praise the list generally for its interested and collaborative tone,
which encourages the small type of question I am about to ask in
addition to bigger and more involved discussions such as the one over
"Tepotzoa."

Anyway, mine is a very short question: In one document I'm working with
I encounter the word "quimochihuililizque" (roughly: they will build
it, reverential) which seems to have one applicative marker too many.
Of course, the extra -li could have been nothing more than an error of
recopying, but I wanted to confirm that it is a departure from some
sort of "canonical" form.

Thank you.

Ben Johnson
UChicago