[Nahuatl] Warriors died in cambat

Simon Levack s.levack at dsl.pipex.com
Sun May 14 19:28:55 UTC 2006

juice taps wrote:
> Dear Simon can you provide us with your source in refrence to the
> scarificing of warriors. In addittion I hope the source is a primary
> source.
>
> tlazohcamati*/
> /*
The Florentine Codex has a number of references to the sacrificing of
warriors; see, for example, Book 2, Ch. 21 for a detailed description of
the 'gladiatorial' ritual of Tlacaxipehualiztli. For the fate after
death of those both killed in battle and sacrificed (the latter alluded
to by reference to chalk and down feathers) see Book 6, Ch 3.

Simon Levack
Author of the Aztec Mysteries
DEMON OF THE AIR
*Winner of the Debut Dagger Award*
*Library Journal Best Genre Fiction of the Year*
SHADOW OF THE LORDS
CITY OF SPIES