Hello

Matthew Montchalin mmontcha at oregonvos.net
Fri Nov 24 22:05:25 UTC 2006

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006, Michael McCafferty wrote:
| There are not many, but more than that. Joe, do you have a list?
| One common verb contrast that comes to mind is /toka/ 'follow, chase'
| but /tooka/ 'bury, plant'. Both, of course, are spelled "toca".

Although many Spaniards prefer to spell it that way, I prefer to
spell the long vowels with an uppercase 'O' character.  Hence
"toka" means chase (with a little 'o') while "tOka" (with a big 'o')
means plant.  As soon as I'm done deciphering the Thesaurus file for
WordPerfect 5.1 (DOS), I'll be putting together a thesaurus file
with long vowels marked accordingly (so there's no need for
diacritical marks like macrons).

Now, that may not mean much to your Microsoft "Word" fanatics, but
to the rest of the world, we will have something much more practical
and useful to use.