popocatepetl and iztaccihuatl

Roger J. Cooper rjcooper at sover.net
Sun Oct 8 19:53:27 UTC 2006

The myth goes even further. Popocatepetl and Citlaltepetel (otherwise
known as the Pico de Orizaba) fought over the love of Ixtaccihuatl. During
the fight Ixtaccihuatl died then Popocatepetl won the fight and kicked
Citlaltepetl all the way to Orizaba. Popocatepetl then lay down by his
long time love, Ixtaccihuatl.
I don't know the origin of the myth, but would love to know it if anyone
has the source.
Roger.
--
Roger J. Cooper