poetry question

Jeanne Gillespie jeanne.gillespie at usm.edu
Wed Oct 18 14:40:39 UTC 2006

Richard Haly did some very interesting work that provides a good start on
Nahuatl poetics related to drum rhythms and syllables from the Cantares
mexicanos and the drumming notation these texts contain.  Check out: Haly,
Richard. ³The Poetics of the Aztecs.² New Scholar 10 (1986): 85-133. (an
³oldie but goodie²). These texts also contain wonderful examples of how
Nahuatl poetic forms were adapted to colonial realities.
Jeanne

--
Jeanne L. Gillespie, Ph.D.
The University of Southern Mississippi