Hassig, warriors

Kier Salmon k_salmon at ipinc.net
Mon Apr 30 01:15:11 UTC 2007

I'm reading "Aztec warfare" and found the following word or more
probably phrase:

cihuatecpanecatl tequihuau   page 39 ranks of warriors

I am having a trouble tracking it down... and want to understand...
cihua = woman
tecpan =
ecatl =

of course I have no idea if I've divided it up into it's component
parts just right, I'm going on my Mexico language experiences which
includes some (ten grains of salt) nahuatl in the modern version.
But all I've found in my dictionary (nothing) and on-line is
"valorous warrior" tucked in between mistress of girls and lady of
something.
So if it is valorous warrior, then why the cihua at the beginning?
Something like cihuacoatl?

Kier Salmon