N áhuatl mandatory in public schools i n Mexico City

Maria Bolivar mbolivar at san.rr.com
Sat Aug 18 16:53:21 UTC 2007

I am sorry I have been so busy I did not check if the list has discussed
Náhuatl becoming a mandatory subject in all of Mexico City's Public Schools.

I am interested to know how is it they plan to implement that decree. I
truly was not aware of us having so many instructors all ready to start all
those classes for the cycle 2008-2009 when the decree becomes effective.
English is a mandatory subject already. I remember in Zacatecas there were
very few instructors of English and those available did not really speak
English. I know in Mexico City English is mandatory, but the number of
people fluent in English does not surface as it should. I hope the new
measure for Náhuatl does not run the same course. It is wonderful to dream,
but not just in paper. What do you all think?

Sincerely,

Maria Bolivar