Nahuatl

Kier Salmon k_salmon at ipinc.net
Sat Dec 1 21:41:08 UTC 2007

> I find this very curious in conjunction with the popular books by
> Carlos Castaneda that concentrate on the mysterious figure of a
> Mexican magician called  'the nagual'.  Is htere anyone who has
> researched the history of various uses in this family of sounds?
I've always wondered about Nahualli - sorcerer.  It seemed to my
uneducated guess to mean that sorcery and language were similar.  Or
rather, that one altered the world by using words.  Given how
important the Mexica found the whole concept of words, communication
and written words, this makes sense to me.