final n

Campbell, R Joe campbel at indiana.edu
Sat Feb 24 04:00:35 UTC 2007

Jonathan,

   I read and re-read your message several times today in the midst of
listening to Oapan (and other) field recordings.  I am definitely
listening with different
ears as a result of your comments and John's originally focussing our
attention
on what happens to nasals (mainly in word-final position).
   I have repeatedly said (and possibly once to you) that Oapan is the
most difficult dialect of Nahuatl that I have encountered -- and I
didn't really
begin to penetrate some problems until I read your explanation about
some things, one being the stress shift related to the loss of /h/.

All the best,

Joe

Quoting jonathan.amith at yale.edu: