Colonial documents in non-nahuatl languages

magnus hansen magnuspharao at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 14:23:09 UTC 2007

Hi Listeros

I am supposed to write a university paper about a mesoamerican colonial
document of some sort. Having worked mostly with nahuatl I would like to
find a document in another indigenous language. I am particularly interested
in documents in Totonac or Mixe but also possibly Otomi, Huastec, or another
Mayan language. Any document could be of interest, such as Titulos,
Catechisms, Testaments etc. but documents that haven't been thoroughly
analysed are of course preferable, although of course an existing
translation would be helpful.

If any of you have knowledge about published documents of this sort I would
appreciate a reference, or maybe if there are any collections of such
documents published that I might browse through looking for something.

In advance
Thank you

Magnus P Hansen