Offering Flowers

Kier Salmon k_salmon at ipinc.net
Fri Jun 22 14:13:57 UTC 2007

Hopefully some of the more senior members can answer this question.
Some time ago I ran into a vague reference to a book called "Offering
Flowers" by Jerome Rothenberg.  After months of effort I finally,
with a lot of help tracked it down as the title of a book, 8 copies
of which are on worldcat and none of which is allowed into the stream
of ILL.
Some more help from a friend has turned up a single edition (and the
information that it is a translation by Anderson and Dibble
arrainged by Rothenberg) for sale (apparently only 350 were ever
printed) at $110.
So the question is... what is this?  Is it just things extracted from
the massive Florentine Codex by A&D or is it part of Bierhorsts
"Cantares"?
University of Utah does not have anything listed, and I'd like some
more knowledge before I spend that much money.  My goal is to be able
to portray my early 16th century characters as Mexica (not Cuautemoc
as Bonnie Prince Charlie) and to understand how they spoke and
thought.  Will this book aid in this or is it more useful to pick up
the Cantares?
Thanks for any help on this thorny problem.