xinechpalehuican

Clayton, Mary L. clayton at indiana.edu
Fri Mar 2 14:23:13 UTC 2007

Joe,
     I'm pretty sure that ayotzincuepa corresponds to "turn turtle" in
English (the summersault that kids do when they crouch, put their head
on the floor then push with their feet so that their backside goes over
their head and they end up on their back). Maria Moliner has for
voltear " dar vueltas a una cosa, particularmente, haciendo cada vez
que quede arriba lo que estaba abajo...", so a:yo:tl-tzi:ntli-cuepa.
Why this should be "al modo de espan~a, I have no idea.
     Incidentally, the Vocabulario trilingu"e has it three times.

     Mary