xinechpalehuican

brokaw at buffalo.edu brokaw at buffalo.edu
Fri Mar 2 15:18:21 UTC 2007

As I was reading Henry's comments, another idea for chinequiztli occured
to me. Could this "chi" be from the "chichi" associatd with suckling and
milk. If I am not mistaken, even today in Mexico "chichi" can refer to a
woman's breasts. So, might this mean literally something like "desire
for milk from suckling" and extended to refer more generally to whining
and fussing?

Galen