Pregunta de los Codices

Kier Salmon k_salmon at ipinc.net
Fri Mar 23 20:14:13 UTC 2007

In the Ixtlixochitol codex there are three very nice drawings of
mexica men.  One is Nezahuapilli; the other two I don't know.  I am
doing a clothing project.  Of course, growing up in México, I am very
familiar with the enaguas and huipil and quechquemetl of modern times.
I doubt they have changed that much in the 400+ years since the
conquest; but still, are there any drawings of noble women's clothing
in the detail the Ixtlixochitl codex has for the pillis?  All I can
find are the line drawing of the "alegres" and the drawing of
Malinalli next to Cortes talking to Motecuhzoma.

Thanks for any help,
Kier Salmon, Portland, OR