Broken spears original

John F. Schwaller schwallr at potsdam.edu
Wed Nov 14 00:26:22 UTC 2007

I di a bit of sleuthing and in fact it does not come from the Florentine
Codex, or the Cantares Mexicanos, but from the Anales de Tlatelolco.  The
crucial point, already noted is that the original, according to Lockhart,
contains the word "omitl" and not "mitl" thus changing broken "spears" or
"arrows" to "bones.  I continue my search and look forward to any
assistance that you can give me along the way.

--
John F. Schwaller
President,
schwallr at potsdam.edu