FYI: "Salvemos el idioma N áhuat!" Facebook group and on-line language course

Alan King alanrking at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 20:24:16 UTC 2008

For anyone interested in Nawat (Pipil), I'd like to
inform you of a group recently formed on Facebook that
is worth visiting.

"Descripción: Este es un sitio para aquellos
interesados en aprender y asi conservar el idioma
Nahuat nativo de El Salvador. La idea es intercambiar
sitios web de interes y practicar nahuat en linea.

Adicionalmente hemos comenzado un curso en linea para
todos los que quieran comenzar a aprender Nawat. Solo
busquen al usuario "Timumachtikan Nawat" y añadanlo
como amigo."

The URL of the group is:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid3974937500

(You will need a Facebook account to obtain access.)

The on-line course is for beginners but is
scientifically rigorous. I am the author of the
lessons, which will be supplemented by exercises and a
teacher's/study guide each by a different author, so
it is a joint effort. Each component (lesson, exercise
set, and session of the guide) is followed by an area
for comments and discussion between students, the
authors and anyone else interested. There are
currently 36 students inscribed. This is free of
charge and open to all. The medium of instruction and
discussion is Spanish de facto, but there is no rule
about it. ALL ARE WELCOME!

Alan R. King