Ometeotl=tloque nahuaque

David Becraft david_becraft at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 19 05:35:18 UTC 2009

Cuachitin,

All sources that I have seen have related Ometeotl as being the same "person(s)" as Tloque Nahuaque, Yohualli-Ehecatl, Quetzalcoatl (Quetzalcuate?), and Moyocoyani.  Different names relating to different attributes of one divine god, who being invisible (yohualli-ehecatl) is also everywhere near us (tloque nahuaque) and is also the creator of humanity (quetzalcoatl), yet is the creator of him/herself (moyocoyani), yet, it is one divine being (ometeotl).  Due to these theological perspectives on Nahua though, I would translate Ometeotl as a metaphorical translation: " plurality of divine persons", or "god of plurality".

timota,

Pancho