'crackpots' or 'smoke-and-mirror types'

Craig Berry cberry at cine.net
Tue Apr 21 18:49:19 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 09:44,  <micc2 at cox.net> wrote:

> 2. One can SELECTIVELY take empirical evidence, gathered from contemporary sources, modern oral traditions, or scientifically deduced data AND CREATE suspicious "truths" (according to ones ideological, religious, or political needs) a SUPRA-HUMAN picture of the "grandfathers" how then give the evaluator a sense of superiority.

It should be noted that this tendency exists in all ages and cultures.
 Notably, the Aztec-period Nahua themselves mythologized the Toltec
golden age and made themselves its heirs.  As long as the scientific
and cultural stances on history are kept carefully distinct, I see no
problem in their existing side by side.  They serve different
purposes.

--
Craig Berry - http://www.cine.net/~cberry/
"Lots of things in the universe don’t solve any problems, and