Nahuatl Digest, Vol 123, Issue 5

magnus hansen magnuspharao at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 17:16:48 UTC 2009

For a great interpretation of the interrelation of the different accounts of
the identity of Atotoztli I would reccommend reading Susan Gillespies "The
Aztec Kings". In chapter 3 she describes how the name of Atotoztli was
apparently frequently used for examples of a dynasty founding queen in
central mexican nahua myth-history.

Magnus Pharao Hansen
Cuernavaca