Happy New Year...

Ian Mursell Ian.Mursell at btinternet.com
Thu Dec 31 11:05:46 UTC 2009

Piyalli, friends.

We received the following message yesterday via our website.  My Náhuatl is
very rudimentary ­ I can vouch for the first and last words, but that¹s it!
Please could someone kindly do their best to correct what this Japanese
correspondent has written:-

³I'm Japanese.  Please teach me Nahuatl.
  How to write in Nahuatl is not understood and it embarrasses it though I
want to write the sentence of
"Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!".  I¹m keen to know..  Please correct
the sentence that I wrote.

  The original text : Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
  In Spanish          : ¡Feliz Navidad y próspero año nuevo!

  My sentence      : Kuali Tlakatilisiluitl iuan tlasempaktiani yankuik
xiuitl!

  I'm sorry by poor English and Nahuatl.  Thanks in advance. ³

At the end of the day (literally!) I¹d just like to take the opportunity to
wish everyone in this community a very Happy New Year and to say thanks for
all the fascinating points that have been raised and explored this year.

Ian

Ian Mursell

MirandaNet Fellow, Institute of Education, London University

Director, 'Mexicolore'
28 Warriner Gardens
London SW11 4EB, U.K.
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7622 9577
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7498 0173
www.aztecs.org
Ian.Mursell at btinternet.com
info at mexicolore.co.uk

1980-2009: 29 years of bringing Mexico and the Mexica/Aztecs to life in
schools and museums throughout England.  Team visits, online teaching
resources and services, live interactive videoconferencing sessions, and
much more - all from Mexicolore, the 'highly successful teaching team'
(British Museum Education Service)