Fwd: Re: Anither Launey citation

Michael McCafferty mmccaffe at indiana.edu
Fri Feb 27 19:22:06 UTC 2009

----- Forwarded message from mmccaffe at indiana.edu -----
    Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 23:11:09 -0500
    From: Michael McCafferty <mmccaffe at indiana.edu>
Subject: Re: [Nahuat-l] Anither Launey citation
      To: mmccaffe at indiana.edu

a pedagogical perspective:

Karttunen and Campbell's introduction to the language is the most
efficient entrada I'm aware of. You can have students up and running
(i.e. grinding :-) with the Florentine by the second semester. I'm
curious about what others are using.  ?

I haven't used Launey's ideas at the beginning level, and "Old
Andrews," while valuable, is a might overwhelming for the average
undergrad beginner--but great for the ""second-year" student and
beyond. "New Andrews" has a very nice faux-leather cover.

Sullivan a is a great source of historically documented examples. Just
wonderful in that regard.

Michael

----- End forwarded message -----