Revitalization in Nahuatl

Campbell, R. Joe campbel at indiana.edu
Thu Mar 12 05:05:14 UTC 2009

Listpohuanimeh,

   I received the following message and, after checking several
sources, send an attempt at a helpful answer, as well as a disclaimer
of expertise in the area of language revitalization.  Then it occurred
to me that maybe several of nocnihuan on this list might be willing to
help out, possibly contributing items of interest to others on the
list, and, certainly, to me.

Tlazohcamati de antemano,

Joe

My name is ..... ...., and I am a graduate student enrolled in ......
.....'s class on Language Revitalization. For my final paper, I chose to
research the past and current situation of Nahuatl, focusing on language
revitalization and maintenance efforts. A classmate of mine recommended I
e-mail you for advice concerning my research, due to your expertise on
Nahuatl. Could you give me an idea of where to look in order to find
information on the past and present situation of Nahuatl? Thank you so much
for your time.