question on Spanish/Nahuatl "language"

Sharon Peters theabroma at gmail.com
Tue May 5 14:55:06 UTC 2009

John,

Yes.  My apologies if I posed the request for info in a way that was
confusing.

Though I have never heard - or heard of - such a "language," I thought
perhaps the members of this list might be able to give me a quick direction
in which I might look for an answer.

Question:  is there/was there ever a Nahuatl-Spanish "language" analogous to
what is now called "Spanglish"?  Involving code-switching of phrases
primarily, and using the appropriate grammar for either Spanish or Nahuatl,
where applicable.  There would also be word borrowings, which would be
colored morphologically or phonologically by the language into which they
were borrowed ... but I am not solely referring to this latter phenomenon.

Thanks.

Sharon Peters

--
Sín Fronteras

Aquí estoy yo .... pero ya anda por México mi corazón