question on Spanish/Nahuatl "language"

Kier Salmon k_salmon at ipinc.net
Tue May 5 17:24:55 UTC 2009

No, but I was surprised to find how many intrusions of Nahuatl into
Spanish existed... and I grew up in Mexico fully english/spanish
bilingual.  It wasn't until I studied Nahuatl with John Sullivan last
summer that I found out just how many of them there were.  It was
quite an education for somebody who thought she was very conversant
with spanish/castillian.
But then, those of us who went through the public school system in
Mexico have a number of ... *interesting*... conceptions about Mexico
and her history and amalgamation.