Research Participant Request

Dustin De Felice dustintyrone at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 2 14:29:57 UTC 2009

Good day Listeros,

Please respond to me off list at dustintyrone at yahoo.com. Thank you.

My
name is Dustin De Felice and I am a student researcher (currently in my
2nd year of doctoral study). I am researching the experiences people
have had while studying the Nahuatl language and I am looking for study
participants. I would be interested in hearing from individuals willing
to discuss their experiences. These experiences could be from a person
who just started learning Nahuatl or from an individual with many years
and formal classroom experience. I would like to hear from someone who
might have casually started studying Nahuatl through the internet or
someone who has attended an intensive program like the one offered by
IDIEZ in Zacatecas. I am interested in hearing about your experiences,
your motivations (or why you no longer actively study the language),
and your suggestions (on materials used, resources found, etc.).

There are two ways to participate in the study.

First,
you can agree to a brief recorded 10-20 minute interview that can be
conducted using text-based chat or voice-based software (I can call you
as well).

Second, you can fill out a set of questions that can be completed and returned at your convenience by email.

As
a new researcher interested in the Nahuatl language, I would very much
appreciate your participation in my study. I would also appreciate you
forwarding this information to other individuals that might be
interested in participating. I will share my findings with this
listserv in a few months as I near completion of the study.

Thank you in advance,

Dustin De Felice,
Student Researcher
Second Language Acquisition and Instructional Technology
 (SLA/IT)
University of South Florida (USF), Tampa, FL, USA.
dustintyrone at yahoo.com

Please respond to me off list at dustintyrone at yahoo.com. Thank you.