Colors

Baert Georges lahunik.62 at skynet.be
Thu Nov 5 21:12:29 UTC 2009

Camohpaltic, deep dark violet or purple.

I want to offer my apologies if I had present a seemingly very confusing
explanation of Camopaltic, the noun of a deep dark violet color.

But let me quote the statements of Michel Launey in his Introduccion a la
lengua Nahuatl, page 29, no7, about La particula ca, and the footnote no7:
Senalemos desde ahora la desaparicion casi total de ca en el conjunto de
dialectos modernos. Los lectores interesados sobre todo en la practica del
Nahuatl moderne deberan acostunbrase a ya no utilizarlo. Pero este termino
juega un papel fundamental en el Nahuatl classico.

And page 30, no9. Interrogacion y negacion: Amo sirve tambien de negacion,
amo (o ca ahmo = NO).

If ca ahmo (or with the saltillo accent ca amo) means NO, and if paltic
means COLORED, than there could be a possibility of negation. I know that
the saltillo has changed of place, but is a contraction of the two syllables
together, ca and ahmo, not possible? After all it is the saltillo which has
changed of place and there is nothing wrong with ca-moh, CV-CVC (saltillo).

Yes camohpaltic is a noun, but it could also be a sentence, because el
Nahuatl is often a very confusing language.

Lahun Ik 62

Baert Georges

Flanders Fields