lo siento mucho

Michael McCafferty mmccaffe at indiana.edu
Thu Apr 1 21:05:13 UTC 2010

Not to be a dead cahuayo,

"yxci" could of course be 'his/her/its foot/feet', the possessor prefix
i: fusing with the i of icxi when written.

Tomas's "on" is o.k., too. -tech has several meaning, the essential one
being "contact with the surface on the side of something".

Examples of meanings that are different in English include:

cuauhtitech in nemi  'it lives in the trees'

caltech or caltitech  'against the house' 'touching the house'

cuauhtitech quimilpia:yah in to:to:meh 'they were tying birds to sticks'

no tech yetinemi  'i've got it on me'

i:tech monequi 'he needs it' (in this translation "tech" disappears)

Michael