Book review

David Wright dcwright at prodigy.net.mx
Thu Apr 22 00:39:38 UTC 2010

Estimados listeros:

I recently ordered a book from Amazon with a promising (albeit choppy)
title: "Vocabulario trilingue: Spanish language, Manuscript, Antonio de
Nebrija, Nahuatl, Newberry Library", edited by Lambert M. Surhone, Miriam T.
Timpledon, and Susan F. Marseken (Lexington: Betascript Publishing, 2010).
The cost was $67 U.S.

I have this book in my hands as I write. Page 1 has a very brief Wikipedia
article about Ayer ms. 1478, a manuscript copy of Nebrija's Spanish-Latin
dictionary, with a translation of each entry into Nahuatl. There is nothing
else in the book regarding this manuscript. The rest of the content consists
of Wikipedia articles on: "Spanish language," "Manuscript," "Antonio de
Nebrija," "Nahuatl," "Newberry Library," "Chicago," "Illinois," "Cuneiform
script," "Inscription," "Typewriter," and "Manuscript format."

Strange, isn't it? Fortunately Amazon is letting me return it. I thought I
should let you folks know before you make the same mistake I did.

Saludos,

David Wright