Character transmission on Nahuat-l

David Wright dcwright at prodigy.net.mx
Wed Apr 21 21:04:38 UTC 2010

A fellow listero sent me a private message with my last post to Nahuat-l at
the end. I see the method I recommended didn't work with the accented vowels
in the Spanish part of my text. I hadn't noticed problems with accents in

Can someone come up with simple guidelines to guarantee accurate
transmission of our messages on this list? I think this has come up before
but I don't remember what was said.

Saludos,

David

lo

> pego en un mensaje de correo electrsnico que es para la lista

> NAHUAT-L. El remedio que encontri es guardar el mensaje que quiero

> enviar en formato

TXT,

> cerrarlo, abrir el archivo TXT y enviarlo a la lista, sea como archivo

TXT o

> como archivo HTML. (Estoy usando Windows Vista y Outlook.) Con este

> procedimiento llega intacto el mensaje a los listeros, por lo menos en

> mi experiencia. Tal vez otros listeros con mayores conocimientos sobre

formatos

> de archivo y juegos de caracteres puedan sugerir algo mejor.

> This sort of distortion has happened when I copy text from a Word

> document and paste it in an e-mail for the NAHUAT-L list. I have found

> a remedy, which is to save the message I'm trying to send as a TXT

> file, close it, then open the TXT file and send it to the list as a

> TXT or HTML file. (I'm using Windows Vista and Outlook.) With this

> procedure the message arrives intact to the subscribers to the list,

> at least in my experience. Perhaps other subscribers with a more

> sophisticated understading of file formats

and

> character sets can suggest something better.

> David

rz8