Fwd: Re: (no subject)

Michael McCafferty mmccaffe at indiana.edu
Sat Aug 28 16:15:54 UTC 2010

----- Forwarded message from tom_grigsby at yahoo.com -----
    Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 04:00:53 -0700 (PDT)
    From: grigsby tom <tom_grigsby at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Nahuat-l] (no subject)
      To: Michael McCafferty <mmccaffe at indiana.edu>

Dear Michael,
Thanks for your input.
I agree concerning the mystery.  The village has just about run out of
competent Nahuatl speakers and I suspect the term had undergone some
changes by the younger generation.  I'd suspect that it was originally
something along the lines that Sullivan has suggested: Atzohtzonpantla
- water+reduplicated hair+spreads out.
Thanks again,
Tom

G.S. Rakovski St., No.79