Cacomistle as a post-parturient cloth?

grigsby tom tom_grigsby at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 9 10:18:16 UTC 2010

Estimados Listeros,

I should have clearer about my query about the cacomistle.  What I’m after is the reference regarding an object – I think something like a cloth bundle - used by Morelean midwives perhaps to strengthen or realign the uterus.   The midwives where I’ve lived call a similar object a muñeca, “a doll.”  The object happens to share the same name as the lovely ring-tailed cat (Bassariscus spp.). I suppose the analogy would be with the thing that I use with my computer and that little critter (Mus Musculus).  Thanks for making me aware of my lack of precision in my question.Tom

G.S. Rakovski St., No.79
Boboshevo, 2660 Bulgaria
GSM: 359 0899 784 081