Alphabetic Nahuatl script, review article? resources?

Robert Comegys robc at csufresno.edu
Mon Jan 4 18:46:00 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am interested in the name of the type(s) of alphabetic scripts used
by the indigenous in the XVI and XVII centuries. I gather that they are
usually Humanist hand.
Is there a good review article on early Spanish (Mexican) colonial
paleography?

Does someone have a paleography bibliography from a class? I have
Barber and Beradan The Emperor's Mirror.

I am trying to identify a manuscript based mostly on paleography.  Has
anyone done this before? I am grateful for any practical help the
listers can give.

Best regards,

John Comegys