Nahuatl words for "crazy" / "loco" (John B Carlson)

Rafael Benavides rbenavides05 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 14 19:26:57 UTC 2010

John Carlson,

A lot of the indigenous professors at IDIEZ in Zacatecas and I tease each other by saying "tihuihuiti" or "tihuihuitic." Most of them are speakers of eastern (Huastecan) Nahuatl from Veracruz and we've all understood the phrase as either "you are crazy" or "you have already turned crazy," but in a joking and teasing manner, obviously. I hope that helps!

Rafael Benavides