mohottah

John Sullivan, Ph.D. idiez at me.com
Wed May 12 19:29:38 UTC 2010

Michael,
	If I want to reduplicate the stem of quiahci, the first syllable that contains elements of the stem is ah, so the a is reduplicated. If I want to reduplicate the stem of nicahci, the first syllable containing elements of the stem is cah, right? So in this case the ca is reduplicated. This only happens with transitive verbs whose stem begins in a vowel, and when the subject is ni or ti (hence, the initial sequence nic or tic). Cool, huh?
John