re maquilia?

John Sullivan idiez at me.com
Wed Nov 10 16:23:49 UTC 2010

Magnus, Galen and Michael,
	I can't find maquilia in any of the standard Classical dictionaries, so it's probably from the Spanish. Ma:itl+aqui would be nice except for the fact that the first "a" in maquilia isn't long. I guess the only strange thing is how the native speakers got their heads around the idea of a triple object verb, maquilia, being used to refer to a single object action.
John